Sunday, April 21, 2013

Making it Facebook Official

I bit the bullet this morning and made our infertility "Facebook Official" in honor of National Infertility Awareness Week. Here's my status, feel free to copy and use it yourself.
Today marks the start of National Infertility Awareness Week. Infertility is a life changing, devastating, invisible disease. 1 in 8 couples endure painful, invasive, and expensive medical intervention, just for the hope of having a child.
Couples like us.
So I’m coming out about our struggle this week to raise awareness. Suffering quietly makes it easy for society to dismiss this struggle as unimportant and perpetuates the cultural-silence and shame infertility patients are faced with at diagnosis. 
This year’s theme is “Join the Movement” and I’m joining by speaking up.
Learn more at http://resolve.org/niaw
 So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm hoping to post something every day to raise awareness. I also changed my cover photo to one of the awesome ones Keiko from The Infertility Voice made up. You can find them here: http://theinfertilityvoice.com/niaw-2013/

No comments:

Post a Comment